1.2019-2021: Principle Investigator, International project on “Coupling of microalgal biomass and advanced wastewater treatment for renewable energy production”, Promising Center for Sensors and Electronic Devices (PCSED), Najran University, Ministry of Higher Education, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
2.2018-2023: Principle Investigator, Startup fund for the construction of the double first-class project, Lanzhou University, China, under "Recruitment of High-Level Foreign Talents Program".
- Recent trends in anaerobic co-digestion: Fat, oil, and grease (FOG) for enhanced biomethanation. Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, 2019, 70, 22-42 (First author, 5-year IF=26.747, SCI, Q1).
- Microalgae isolation for nutrient removal assessment and biodiesel production. BioEnergy Research, 2020, 1-13 (Corresponding author, 5-year IF= 3.043, SCI, Q3).
- Can omics approaches improve microalgal biofuels under abiotic stress? Trends in Plant Science, 2019, 24, 611-624 (First author, 5-year IF=14.006, SCI, SCI, Q1).
- Enhanced ethanol production by Saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation post acidic and alkali chemical pretreatments of cotton stalk lignocellulose. International Biodeterioration and Biodegradation, 2020, 147, 104869 (Corresponding author, 5-year IF= 3.841, SCI, Q2).
- A novel biosensor for zinc detection based on microbial fuel cell system. Biosensors & Bioelectronics, 2020, 147, 111763 (Co-first author, 5-year IF= 8.037, SCI, Q1).
- Harvesting of freshwater microalgae Scenedesmus obliquus and Chlorella vulgaris using acid mine drainage as a cost effective flocculant for biofuel production. Energy Conversion and Management, 2016, 121, 105-112 (First author, 5-year IF=7.181, SCI, Q1).
- Enhancement of biomethane productions by the use of waste-plastic materials as biofilm carriers in anaerobic co-digestion of agricultural wastes. Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery, 2020 (Corresponding author, 5-year IF=2.326, SCI, Q3).
- Recent progress in microalgal biomass production coupled with wastewater treatment for biofuel generation. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2017, 79, 1189-1211 (First author, 5-year IF=10.556, SCI, Q1).
- Enhanced anaerobic co-digestion of fat, oil, and grease by calcium addition: Boost of biomethane production and microbial community shift. Bioresource Technology, 2020, 296, 122353 (First author, 5-year IF= 6.589, SCI, Q1).
- Interactive effect of indole-3-acetic acid and diethyl aminoethyl hexanoate on the growth and fatty acid content of some microalgae for biodiesel production. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2017, 168, 1017-1024 (First author, 5-year IF=6.395, SCI, Q1).
- Application of acid mine drainage for coagulation/flocculation of microalgal biomass. Bioresource Technology, 2015, 186, 232-237 (First author, 5-year IF=6.669, SCI, Q1).
- 2020.02.05: Method for constructing anaerobic microbial consortium for anaerobic codigestion of sewage sludge, fat, oil and grease. Korea Patent Registration Number 102020012700.
- 2020.02.05: Method for producing hydrogen using microbiome tolerant to long chain fatty acids. Korea Patent Registration Number 71020200012701.
- 2018.03-28: Methods for preparation of microalgae biomass using the plant growth regulators, Korea Patent Registration Number 1111710000.
- 2016.07.11: Method for biomass recovery using acid mine wastewater, Korea Patent Registration Number 1016402970000.
- 2014.12.29: Culturing method of microalgae for producing biodiesel by regulating salinity in wastewater, Korea Patent Registration Number 1014790290000. https://worldwide.espacenet.com/patent/search?q=pn%3DKR20140022212A